Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Born and raised in New York City, I love living with my husband (we're newlyweds!) and 6 lb yorkie on the Upper East Side.  I work as speech language pathologist at a school for children with autism.  While I'm passionate about my job, I find nothing makes me happier than to come home and bake for my new husband, friends, and family (and for myself too of course!).  One of my dreams has always been to work at a bakery, making those gorgeous cake and cookie creations that I see on TV... but the truth is, I love working with those kids too much to give it all up.  So that's why Betty Crocker boxes and pre-made pie crusts have been a common theme in my baking abilities up until now.  But that's all over.  I'm ready to learn some skills which could take me to the next level.... I'll probably never work in a bakery, but maybe I can learn enough to trick people into thinking I do!  How I'm going to do that.. I'm not yet sure.  And by the way... I couldn't be more clumsy, but I'm also one of the most creative people I know.   I figure that's a pretty good basis for some hilarious blog posts as I document my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment