Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eleni's New York

I took a walk with my hubby and pup (Justin and Topanga) this weekend, and I came across an unexpected surprise.  We passed an adorable bakery called Eleni's New York.  I went inside (bought a coffee so I didn't like a weird stalker girl staring at everything), and fell in love.  The style, the pink and white colors, the hundreds of sugar cookies in the window... exactly the kind of bakery I would love to have.  

     Although they sell cookies, cupcakes, and coffees, the primary focus of the bakery is sugar cookies, decorated in a hundred different ways.  They had pre-made boxes with themes... (10 cookies that had to do with ballet, 20 cookies for a birthday etc.) packaged perfectly with a clear top and a ribbon.
Here is a picture I took of the store's main counter.
     After leaving the bakery and chatting with Justin, I came to a revelation, and a new direction for this blog.  For now, I'm going to focus on sugar cookies, and sugar cookies alone.  I'm going to perfect the recipe for taste (cookie and icing too), and perfect the style and technique for the decorating.  Once they are perfect, I'll start with variations.  From now on, even though I haven't yet tasted their cookies, Eleni's New York will be my inspiration.

   

1 comment:

  1. How cute that your pup is named Topanga! Haha, love it!

    So great that you have a focus and direction! A random thing, but if you're looking to sell or package your things, you can buy plastic bags and containers in bulk from clearbags.com. You can get a few samples for free, but if you're purchasing, you have to buy in bulk for it to be worth it (small orders are charged an extra fee). I buy my paper envelopes, plastic sealable bags, and plastic boxes of all different sizes to sell my cards from them.

    ReplyDelete